Sunday, June 14, 2015

Yay, I've got a blog!

Uh oh, I've started a blog, what's next?

I'm calling this one "ZFS stuff", but I suppose the most important issue to start with is where this crazy handle of "dweeezil" came from.  Than answer is very simple: I've always liked the connotations of the word "weasel" and would have used it as a handle if it were not such a commonly used word.  Since I was a bit of a Zappa fan in my high school days, and I always though his son had a cool name, I came up with "dweeezil" as a compromise and started using it as a nickname in a few places.  Among others, I'm using it on Github.

Oh yeah, the ZFS part:  I've been trying to help improve ZFS, mainly in its incarnation of OpenZFS on Linux, for several years now and decided I'd start writing about it outside the context of its github site, issue and pull request lists.

I figure this is as good a place as any to post rants, thoughts, ideas, etc. regarding ZFS.

No comments:

Post a Comment